Tim Boomer discovered the bass in 1969. His first gigs were with the Latin/Jazz/Rock Fusion band Taxi in the ‘70s, and he’s now played with his originals band, Offbeats, for over 20 years. In 2004, he and his co-author, drummer, Mick Berry joined a Who tribute band Who Too. Mick enticed him to write a book: The Bassist’s Bible which was published in 2009. He now teaches bass, performs in bands (with and without Mick), builds web sites, and records videos and bands in his studio in Berkeley.
• Professional Musician performing, recording, and composing in many Rock, Jazz, Jam and Original bands in the Bay Area for decades. Electric Bass, Lead and background vocals.
• Author of “The Bassist’s Bible” (Published 2009) an encyclopedic volume of bass styles from Afro Cuban to Zydeco containing 400 written examples, 200 audio examples and nearly 100 video examples. It was also released as an e-book (2012), the Second Edition released in September 2012.
• Bass Teacher – curriculum includes technique, theory, ear training, bass styles, tone, improvisation, soloing, and composition.
• Performed recently at the Knitting Factory in Reno, Novato Art and Wine Festival, Webster Street Jam in Alameda, Union Street fair in San Francisco, a sold out show at the Town Hall Theater in Lafayette, Crystal Bay Casino, Lake Tahoe, Hard Rock Café in SF.
• Two Original CDs released with Offbeats, countless videos and websites released for my own bands and other musicians.
• Electric Bassist since 1969, playing Rock, Jazz, Reggae, Ska, Afro-Cuban, Brazilian, and other styles. Jam and improvising formats as well as traditional formats. Live work with Ableton Live looping.
• A longtime member of Who Too, a Who tribute band playing the bass lines of John Entwistle (disbanded).
• Intermediate knowledge of music theory, and sight reading.
• Decades of Audio and Video experience, recording studio operations, FOH and monitor mixing, live and in studio video capture, non linear video production.
• Logic, Ableton Live, Printmusic, Adobe Audition
• Adobe Premiere Pro, Flash, Adobe Encore,
• Garage Band, Band in the Box, Cool Edit, Cakewalk, Sonar, Audacity